Saturday, January 2, 2010

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2010

Happy New Year everyone. We just returned home from Lake Placid. The trip was a lot of fun and I am glad we went. We tried out the bobsled run ! Holy crow !! Think we managed to get up to speeds in and around 55mph (89km/h)...and our start point was only 1/2 way up the race course ! Not for the faint of heart. A highly recommended activity if you have a need for speed. The skeleton course was also open to us, but somehow barreling down this same course head first just was not in the cards for either one of us. We also tried Biathlon. OK, this was a bust for me. I now know why they push the sleds on AK amputees. The range was fun though - typical for a military soldier. Curtis hit 5/5 targets. I shot a whopping goose egg !! This is where I have to admit that I actually needed my glasses. Drats !!

We are heading off to our endurance cycling class very shortly. Looking forward to burning off a few calories from our New Years Eve dinner. If anyone reads this blog, we highly recommend the Paradox Lodge. The rooms are cottage like, and the chef is world renown. Chef Fred (or Red as he likes to be called) is amazing. I had lamb and Curtis had venison, and I don't think we will need to eat for at least one more day.

Well that's all for now. A couple more days to go before we head back to work. Aarrgggg.

No comments:

Post a Comment